All You Need to Know About Hamster Diseases
Due to their small sized bodies, hamsters are vulnerable to diseases that end up killing them very fast. While this is the case, it is highly advisable to ensure that they are well taken care of in the most recommended way to avoid this from happening. There are quite a number of hamster diseases that are believed to be very serious especially if quick action is not taken. Read on to learn about the different types of hamster diseases that exist today.
- Papovavirus : This is one illness that mostly causes an infection which later on leads to emergence of kidney, tumors as well as lymphoma problems. In order to be able to be able to know that your animal is suffering from this illness, there are symptoms to look for which include; wart like lumps that mostly affect the face and huge sleeves that are mostly noticeable underneath the skin as well as on the nape of the neck.
- Cancer : Among the types of hamster diseases, this is deemed to be the most dangerous of all. This is due to the fact that this illness is very common among these animals and furthermore it affects both the thyroid and adrenal glands that play a major role in the life of these animals.
- Wet Tail : Based on the analysis done on hamster diseases, the output showed that wet tail is the most serious of all. This is simply because it attacks the intestines of these animals making them very weak leading to their death. The common signs to look for to be able to determine that an animal is suffering from this ailment are; the animals tend to have a hunched pose, watery diarrhea, eyes that are sunken and lastly an anal area that is very soiled. In case you discover these symptoms, it is advisable to seek the necessary attention before your animal dies.
- Abscesses : In most cases, you will discover that at one time or another, these animals may get into a fight with their fellow friends and as such, they end up biting each other resulting to wounds. These bite wounds if not treated promptly, they easily cause abscesses. In addition, this ailment can be thought about if the animal stores harmful food in its cheek pouch.
- Bladder Stones : These animals are very vulnerable to this particular type of illness. It is usually formed in the urinary tracts of these animals. In most cases, the animals tend to be restless and out of place. There are other symptoms to look for and these include; urine containing blood, frequent water utilization as well as recurrent urination. If you notice nay of these symptoms on your hamster, be sure it is suffering from bladder stones.
Source by Dmitry Fedosev