Let's face it, hemorrhoids are embarrassing and are thus often left to be a private matter. The good news is that they are very rarely a serious medical matter, so a doctor visit usually is not necessary to cure hemorrhoids. Other than the odd seating positions you must end, the itching and burning you experience is usually just a major annoyance. Here are some methods and treatments that will get you pain free, and back in control of your life.
Statistically, hemorrhoids are found most often in pregnant women, and obese individuals. The extra weight, poor diet and sedentary lifestyle contribute to constipation, which is the root cause of hemorrhoids. So, if you are overweight, you are advised to start exercising and losing weight immediately. This will not only help you to cure hemorrhoids, but has a multitude of other health benefits.
On a short term day-to-day basis, here are some other things you can do to cure hemorrhoids.
- Apply natural herbal astringents. These astringent herbs help in repairing the damaged tissues that hemorrhoids cause. These herbs also provide a soothing effect to the anal area and minimize itching and burning symptoms. Along with relief from the symptoms, some herbs can also improve the strength of blood vessels which helps to prevent the spread of varicose veins.
- If you are not eating many fruits, vegetables, or other fibrous foods, now is the time to start. This will help with constipation which will prevent new hemorrhoids from forming while you heal.
- Get enough sleep every night. Sleep helps in avoiding acidity and constipation in your body. Sleep is also needed to repair body tissue, and can help reduce stress levels, all of which help to cure hemorrhoids.
- Do not sit idle in one place for a long time. Try to get up and walk around every hour. Continuous sitting puts pressure on the veins of the anal region and can contribute to hemorrhoids.
Some of the best herbal compounds present in astringents used to cure hemorrhoids are:
- Oat straws – Oat straws help in providing energy and it is also an anti-oxidant, which helps to keep the digestive system in proper order.
- Red Sage – This is Chinese herb that can improve blood circulation in the body and indirectly reduces the symptoms of hemorrhoids.
- Horse chestnut – This natural herb strengthens the veins and reduces swelling of the rectum.
Source by Kim Boyd