Get Rid of Dust Mite Allergy Symptoms


By Definition, when your immune system doesn’t function properly and leads to a hypersensitive reaction because of a substance which is otherwise non-malignant then you are suffering from allergy. The Dust mite is the main cause of many allergies. Surprisingly, you can find dust mite allergy symptoms in around 10 percent of the US population. Also, around 90 percent of asthma sufferers are found to have an allergy to this little critter.

As the dust mite is found in almost all houses, it can be a challenging task to overcome the condition or symptoms that it causes. These symptoms are usually similar to asthma, hay fever, or pollen allergies. A running nose, watery eyes, itchy eyes and sneezing frequently are some of the symptoms of a dust mite allergy. It is quite possible that your symptoms may get worse when you are cleaning your house, vacuuming or changing the bed sheet, as this is when you are most likely to disturb this microscopic bug. In a few serious cases, the noticeable symptoms may be labored breathing and wheezing.

The components contained in the dust attack respiratory passages and this is what causes these asthma or hay fever like symptoms. Also, these symptoms can lead to skin conditions like eczema, which is an itchy skin inflammation. Pollen and dust are primary causes of symptoms being intensified. There are also particles that float in the sunlight beam which include dust and other waste. It is these particles that invoke the reaction of the dust mite allergy. A humid and warm environment also makes it easier for these particles to survive in your home.

So what can you do? You can use air conditioners and dehumidifiers to keep a check on the moist and warm environment in your home. This should help alleviate symptoms. But remember to use a filter system on your air conditioner as dust mites may enter your home through air conditioners too. In order to have a safe and clean environment devoid of any allergy symptoms, you may also use chemicals to kill both the active and inactive allergens of dust mites. Benzyl benzoate and tannic acid are the most widely used chemicals in this regard.

If you do opt for chemicals be careful to avoid over-use as this in itself can cause respiratory problems. There are also many spread powders, sprays and cleaning products that are helpful to control allergy symptoms. So basically the only real way to get rid of dust mite allergy symptoms, is to be thorough in the cleaning of your home and ensure a safe dust-free environment. So, what are you waiting for? Clean up your home and ensure the safety of your family from dust mites today!


Source by Dawn Smith

Add Comment