How to Get Cheap New York Health Insurance
New York City is one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in, costing twice as much as any other city in the United States. Is it any wonder, then, that 25% of New York City residents do not have health insurance? If you're uninsured, here's how to get cheap New York Health insurance with a reliable company.
Health Insurance Costs in New York
Consider these facts about health insurance in New York:
* New Yorkers pay 26% more for health care than the national average.
* From 2000 to 2006, health insurance premiums in New York rose five times faster than earnings.
New York State Insurance
New York does provide options to help the uninsured get cheap health insurance. Several state programs are available:
* Family Health Plus is a public health insurance program that provides comprehensive coverage for uninsured adults who do not qualify for Medicaid.
* Child Health Plus provides similar coverage for children.
* The Healthy NY program helps small business owners provide employees with affordable health insurance.
To find out if you're eligible for any of these programs, go to the New York Department of Health website – health.state.ny.us – and click on "Health Insurance Programs" under "Site Contents" on the right side of the page.
If you are not eligible for any of these programs, you can find the cheapest rate on individual or family health insurance by going to an insurance comparison website. Insurance comparison websites let you easily obtain quotes from multiple A-rated insurance companies so you can compare them and choose the cheapest one.
The best insurance comparison websites let you talk online with insurance professionals so you can get answers to all your insurance questions and get advice on how to lower your insurance costs. (See link below.)
When you choose an insurance company, you want to choose a company that will be reliable and provide you with excellent service. So before you make a final decision, check the New York Consumer Guide to Health Insurers website, which ranks insurance companies based on complaint statistics and enrollee satisfaction surveys. Then you'll be confident that you have the cheapest premium with the best company.
Source by Brian Stevens