Have you tried to stop smoking a couple of times already and yet unsuccessful? Fret no more because here are simple ways on how to stop smoking today.
Smoking sticks of cigarettes a day will shorten your lifespan for about 13 to 14 years. You are bringing death nearer to you because you are putting yourself on higher health risks. You are a candidate to have different kinds of cancer, stroke, high blood pressure, diabetes and other health problems. Now, is it worth it to puff even one stick of cigarette?
Below are ways on how to help you stop smoking:
1) Make a list why you like smoking. Then on the other side, write why you dislike smoking. Be sure to have an honest list. If you want, you can ask someone to review the list with you. It could be a family member or a friend. After finalizing your list, if the negative side of smoking is greater than the positive side, you are now ready to give up your cigarette packs.
2) Make a “quit contract.” Remember that you have to get at least two witnesses about your contract with yourself. Indicate in your contract the date you wish you want to accomplish your goal.
3) Put in a paper all your reasons why you want to quit smoking. Then post it in your workstation or room or wherever you will always see it. For instance, “I want to quit smoking because I want to have a healthy body.”
4) Make a list of all the things that you can do in case your cravings will strike. Your list could include a walk or play with your dog, kiss your child or partner, do household chores, drink a glass of juice, munch apples, have sex with your partner, take a cat nap, sip a cup of tea or coffee, do deep breathing, exercise, play a sport or meditate. Take note that you have to bring your list of things to do so that wherever you feel the need to smoke, you just have to visit your list and do any of the activities.
5) Inform the people around you that you have a goal to be a non-smoker. Help and support of the people around you is a great help. They could be your police patrol.
The above ways on how to quit smoking have been tried and tested by many already. Be one of them and apply the above list.
Source by Aaron C Rigby