Hemorrhoids occur when the veins in the rectal area become inflamed and swollen. Anyone who has had hemorrhoids will know just how painful they can be. Really bad cases sometimes need surgery, but this article aims to advise how to treat hemorrhoids without such a drastic step.
Some main causes of hemorrhoids are pregnancy, obesity, continual coughing or sneezing, and constipation. Sitting on the toilet for long periods trying to pass a bowel movement can often result in a hemorrhoid. Some hemorrhoids even bleed which causes even more pain.
Here’s how to treat hemorrhoids the natural way:
- Don’t sit on the toilet for a long time. Some people enjoy sitting on the toilet while reading a magazine, even if they are not constipated. This is very bad for you, and if you do this regularly, don’t be surprised if you suffer with hemorrhoids. Only use the toilet when you get the urge to pass a stool.
- To prevent constipation, you should eat foods that have high fiber content. Examples include leafy vegetables, plenty of fresh fruit, whole grain cereal and whole grain bread. Drink lots of fluids, especially water, every day. If you can prevent constipation, you have less risk of getting hemorrhoids.
- Since constipation is such a main cause of hemorrhoids, one way that you can make sure that your stools remain loose is by using an herbal supplement that contains flaxseed every day. Flaxseed was used by our ancestors centuries ago to prevent constipation. Flaxseed oil also has wonderful health benefits.
- Always keep your anal area clean and dry. Do not scrub harshly when you clean your anus. This will just aggravate and inflame the hemorrhoids even more. While wiping, do it slowly and gently. After passing a stool, clean your anus with fresh water or gently dab it with a baby wipe.
- People who are overweight are at risk of hemorrhoids. This is due to the fact that there is a lot of pressure on the lower regions of the body, particularly on the rectum. To cure and prevent hemorrhoids, a weight loss program is strongly suggested.
- Don’t strain yourself by lifting heavy objects. If you sit in one position for too long, your anus is subjected to extra pressure. If you have a job that requires you to sit at a desk, you must take regular breaks and walk around the office for a few minutes.
- If you have hemorrhoids, soak in a bath of warm water, at least six times a day, for about 10 minutes. Warm water has a soothing effect and it can reduce swelling and relieve pain. Do not use any bath oils, foams or other commercial bathing products. The bath should be filled with water only.
- You can treat hemorrhoids with the following home remedy: Grind up a little black mustard and put it in yoghurt. Mix the yoghurt and mustard well and eat. After this, drink buttermilk. Many people swear by this remedy.
- So – other methods how to treat hemorrhoids? Here are two other home remedies. Put the peels of one pomegranate into water and boil. Drink a full glass of this mixture every morning and evening. This will help the pain and also cure the hemorrhoids.
- Alternatively put some peppercorns into a glass of buttermilk with rock salt and ginger. Drink a glass of this twice daily for an effective way how to treat hemorrhoids.
Source by Andrew Emerson