There is no doubt the carpet inhibit dust and a myriad of indoor allergens like house dust mites, mold, and fungi. That's why carpet is not popular among homes with children as parents are afraid their children will breathe in dirty air particles and lead to respiratory illness like asthma.
Although the carpet can be a potential health hazard, it does not mean you can not have in your office or home at all. It can after all beautify the interior design with its colorful design and texture.
Clean carpet lessen allergies
A regularly cleaned and maintained carpet or rug not only looks more presentable, smells better, most importantly, a clean carpet is considered healthier than poorly cared carpet. This is because a well-maintained carpet contains less dust, less airborne dirt particles and definitely less micro organism that is afraid to trigger allergy ailments.
So who says that you should not have one in your home or office?
Nowadays, there are hundreds of carpet cleaning DIY kits and carpet cleaning service providers in the market. While we are spoiled for choice, it is very important to choose the right cleaning method / product to clean your carpet to avoid damaging it after cleaning.
Some of the common problems faced with carpet cleaning:
- It seems to get dirty again soon after cleaning was just completed.
- It smells musky after carpet dries from cleaning treatment.
- Carpet color runs during cleaning process.
- Long down time as carpet needs to take hours or days to dry after cleaning.
Why dry carpet cleaning over wet cleaning?
Development of dry carpet cleaning technology or should be more appropriately known as "very low moisture" carpet cleaning – has been initiated to provide another cleaning solution from the existing wet carpet cleaning methods – promises to give more effective cleaning performance, minus the inconvenience of long drying time and potential risk of damaging the carpet.
There are 2 processes in dry carpet cleaning:
Dry compound carpet cleaning
Biodegradable cleaning compound, or moistured micro sponges, will be spread evenly over the carpet and brushed into carpet piles using machines that has inbuilt counter rotating brushes. These sponges will absorb dirt in the carpet and the soiled compounds will be removed by the machine or vacuumed at the end of the process.
Polymers in the cleaning product used in this process encapsulate or "crystallise" dirt particles into dry residue after which will be removed at the end of the process.
Putting all the technical jargons aside, in layman expectation, you should expect the following benefits when you get your carpet cleaned by a well carried out dry carpet cleaning service provider:
- A thoroughly dry clean carpet will result in less occurrence of carpet resoiling, typically accomplished by machine that use contra rotating brush to lift up and remove the embedded dirt particles in the carpet pile.
- Carpet remnants dry or slightly damp during the whole treatment as minimal liquid is used in the process. No drying time leads to no down time and minimize inconvenience caused due to cleaning process.
- No down time equals to more productivity, which results in saving time and money.
- Promise not to shrink the carpet or cause the carpet color to decolourise.
- Minimal application of fluid and chemical in the carpet would not lead to excessive exposure to chemical residue after cleaning and having bad smell due to insufficient drying after a wet cleaning treatment.
- For those who prefer using environmental friendly products, you would be pleased to know that most dry carpet cleaning technologies use biodegradable compound as the main cleaning product.
However, dry carpet cleaning has often been misunderstood as a cleaning method suitable only for light soaking carpet condition or for periodic maintenance.
Over recent years, with further developments and research, dry carpet cleaning systems has now come with a range of stain removal products that will be applied on heavily soiled carpet or stubborn stains during pre-cleaning treatment. These stain removal products effectively break down different types of stains like food, beverage, grease, glue, etc, before the application of dry compound or encapsulating crystals on the carpet.
While dry carpet cleaning is gaining more popularity because of its technological advantages and benefits, it is always better to check with your carpet manufacturer or retailer for their recommended cleaning method or product, just to be on the safe side.
Source by Derick Ng