The economy has everyone stressed: companies laying off, cost of living rising, raises now in sight, and workers putting in more hours for less pay. It's bound to have anyone's body in knots.
Did you know that a good number of the medical conditions are caused by stress or that marriages suffer because of stress or that mistakes happen on the job because of stress?
Whether it's the economic downturn, or something else, you can help eliminate some of the stress in your life by taking the time to pamper yourself on a weekly-or monthly – basis.
Pamper Yourself With A Home Spa Treatment
• Schedule a date with yourself. Clear the calendar and make room for four uninterrupted our of "me" time.
• Pick up supplies ahead of time. There is nothing more stressful than running around at the last minute to get everything you need for your home spa treatment. Plan ahead by shopping early and you can cut costs by shopping sales, discount stores, or ordering online.
• Clean the day before. If you choose to host your spa treatment at home, you need a clean environment to do it in as it is the only way you'll be able to fully relax and de-stress.
• Prep a few finger foods. Prepare your spa treats the night before, then all you have to do is place them on a fancy tray a few minutes before your scheduled spa treatment. Choose foods that are both healthy and decadent indulgences, like chocolate covered strawberries, exotic cheese on crackers, or sushi rolls with a light soup.
• Pour yourself a refreshing drink. Whether you choose to drink a sparkling juice, an alcoholic beverage, or a hot cup of herbal tea, make sure the beverage you pick is something you like but would not normally drink.
• Meditate. Taking ten to fifteen minutes to meditate can help you ease tension and relax the body. Sit cross-legged on the floor (or bed), back straight, arms resting at your sides. Close your eyes then take deep, slow breaths in and slow breaths out. Repeat, concentrating solely on your breathing.
• Soak in a relaxing bath. Turn on some relaxing music, light a few candles then rest your body in a bath full of warm water and oils. The warm water will relax your muscles and help release the tension while the oils nourish your skin.
• Give yourself a mani-pedi. After you've soaked in the bath, your hands and feet are ready to be pampered. A nice sugar scrub, some lotion, and a trim is all they need to feel beautiful. However, a quick coat of polish will not hurt either.
• Give yourself a facial. The face is the most exposed area of our bodies, which means it takes a good amount of abuse from natural as well as man-made elements. Start by washing your face with a gentle cleanser, then consider applying a facial mask or facial scrub followed by a nice toner and lotion.
• Die your hair. One way to treat yourself is with a new hairdo. Although it may not be wise to give yourself a cut, you should have no problems changing the color of your hair with modern over-the-counter hair dyes, like Phase 10. Apply color, wait ten minutes, rinse, and condition.
The key to a good home spa treatment is in the preparation. Take the time to set everything up BEFORE your big day and you'll discover a new tradition that is sure to be a remarkably rewarding guilty pleasure.
Source by Thelma Pruitt